Teaching first graders how to write and how to revise their writing has been quite of a challenge for all first grade teachers I have had the opportunity to talk to (not to mention myself!!!) These AWESOME HELPER HANDS have been my life savers in my classroom, I created them based on my student’s needs and we have made lots of progress in writing. Each set (English and Spanish) includes:
– Helper Hand (color): Writing checklist
Did I… Write a title?
Begin with capital letters?
Use spaces between words?
Use punctuation marks?
Read my writing?
¿ Mi texto… Tiene un título?
Comienza con letra mayúscula?
Tiene espacio entre las palabras?
Tiene signos de puntuación?
– Helper Hand (color): Transition Words: Title, First, Next, Then, Last
Título, Primero, Luego, Después, Por último.
– Helper hand Individual size (color): Writing checklist
– Helper hand Individual size (color): Transition words
– Helper Hand (B&W): Writing checklist
– Helper Hand (B&W): Transition Words
– Helper hand Individual size (B&W): Writing checklist
– Helper hand Individual size (B&W): Transition words
– You may either print on separate sheets of paper and then assemble back to back or use each hand individually.